Ellis, William, 1760-1834

Original Digital object not accessible

Identity area

Type of entity


Authorized form of name

Ellis, William, 1760-1834

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



ELLIS, WILLIAM, son of James Ellis (qv); b. 20 Oct 1760; adm. 12 Jun 1770; KS (aged 13) 1773; Capt. of the School 1778; elected head to Trinity Coll. Cambridge 1779, adm. pens. 2 Jun 1779, scholar 7 Apr 1780, matr. Mich. 1779; migrated to Trinity Hall 26 Mar 1781; LLB 1787; ordained deacon 15 Jun 1783, priest 21 Sep 1786 (both Lincoln); Minister, Portman Chapel; Rector of Charlwood, Surrey, for some months in 1792; Rector of Thames Ditton, Surrey, from 1792; Rector of East Molesey, Surrey, from 27 Jan 1797; m. 1st, 25 Feb 1786 Caroline Attwick; m. 2nd, 29 Dec 1823 Sarah Walter, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey; d. 1 Nov 1834.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier


Institution identifier

GB 2014

Rules and/or conventions used

International Standard Archival Authority Record for Corporate Bodies, Persons and Families - ISAAR(CPF) 2nd edition



Level of detail


Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Prepared for import into AtoM by Westminster School Archive staff, 2019-2020




Users should note that the information recorded here that is not to be found in the first two volumes of the Record of Old Westminsters and its first Supplement has been assembled from various published and manuscript sources by Hugh Edmund Pagan MA FSA, and all new resulting text is his copyright, © 2014.

The Record of Old Westminsters: A biographical list of all those who are known to have been educated at Westminster School from the earliest times to 1927, Volumes 1 & 2, compiled by G. F. Russell Barker and Alan H. Stenning, London, 1928.

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places