File 04 - Rigaud's

1896-7 Rigaud's Football XI Photograph 1903-4 Rigaud's Football XI Photograph 1904-5 Rigaud's Football XI Photograph 1925 Rigaud's House Summer Term Photograph 1938 Rigaud's House Election Photograph 1940 Rigaud's House Election Term Photograph 1943 Rigaud's House Photograph

Identity area

Reference code

GB 2014 WS-02-PHO-01-01-04

Title

Rigaud's

Date(s)

  • 1868- (Creation)

Level of description

File

Extent and medium

Context area

Name of creator

(18th century -)

Administrative history

The earliest years of Rigaud’s are unclear, but we know it began as an independent boarding house in the late 18th century, changing its name several times until it became Rigaud’s, after the Reverend Stephen Rigaud, a master at Westminster from 1846-1850, who later became Bishop of Antigua.

In 1821, when the house was named ‘Mother Best’s’, a boarder died from over-eating after a ‘broshier’, or an attempt to exhaust the supply of food in protest at its quality.

Archival history

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places