- GB 2014 WS
2280 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
These books catalogued with a 'BUS' prefix were at one point located in the school's Busby Library, a room commissioned by Head Master, Dr. Richard Busby, to house his substantial book collections. This incorporated some volumes which were present at the school prior to Busby's time as Head Master, such as those donated by Mildred Cecil, Lady Burghley, and the library of Busby's friend, Dr John Pell, which Busby purchased after Pell's death. The majority of the books amassed by Busby were left to the school after his death, although some titles were donated to the church he built at Willen, Buckinghamshire, where they later perished in a fire in 1946. Later additions were incorporated into this collection, often donated by Head Masters and former pupils.
Poliziano, Angelo, 1454-1494
Vincent, William, 1739-1815